Introduction and aim
BM Painting, Decorating & Maintenance is a family-run business, based in Hertfordshire. Our main services are painting and decorating. We recognise that our operations result in emissions to air and water, and the generation of waste. It is our aim to comply with legislation and other requirements, continue to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and operate in an environmentally responsible manner. This policy describes how we will achieve our aim.
We will ensure that resources are available to enable us to achieve our objectives and targets.
We aim to:
- reduce solvent consumption and the emission of volatile organic compounds
- reduce the generation of general and hazardous (special) wastes
- inform customers and suppliers of our commitment to reducing our environmental impact
To achieve our aims, we have set ourselves the following targets:
- inform customers and suppliers about our environmental policy by January 2013 and, thereafter, all new customers and suppliers
- define good housekeeping for solvent based products, ensure all employees receive training in good housekeeping and incorporate this training into the induction programme for new starters
- introduce an materials management system to reduce the amount of waste VOC solvents being disposed of
- evaluate the costs and benefits of using water-based paint systems by October 2014Monitoring and auditing
Progress against these objectives will be monitored through monthly management meetings.
This environmental policy is available on request. If you wish to obtain a copy or would like to discuss our progress against our objectives, please telephone 01438 723042